Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I'm not going to Disneyland


I just found out that my good buddy Ian is now engaged to his lovely girlfriend Elissa. Oddly enough, this comes on the heels of 8.08.08, which saw thousands of Chinese rushing to the alter and a recent discussion we had regarding marriage.

Apparently, she proposed to him while they were on the Haunted Mansion ride in Disneyland. That's my kind of girl. Though, quite the odd place for a proposal. I am slightly biased however, considering my fear of Disneyland. I was lost from my parents when I was a wee pup while exploring The Swiss Family Robinson treehouse.

I was wandering around aimlessly for hours and ended up in the creepy 'It's a Small World After All ride' which is filled with hundreds of singing dolls. Needless to say I'll never return to Disneyland.

So it looks like I'm the lone spinster from my hometown and that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

wedding bell blues

No comments: