Friday, August 8, 2008

Another SF music venue closes its doors


12 Galaxies R.I.P.

Say it ain't so! I was having lunch with my friend Nick this afternoon and he informed me that in a few short weeks 12 Galaxies will be shutting down for good. Bummer. I've always wondered how they stayed afloat for as long as they did, with often no more than a single show a week. Why didn't the club get a proper booking agent?? It's a great space, and I've spent many a drunken nights at the club over the years. In fact, the last time papa Reierson was in town I dragged him out to see Stallion perform. My dad happens to be a super karate fanatic - signed pictures of Chuck Norris in his living room and all; though he didn't truly appreciate the karate/magic combo that is Stallion. I'm going to miss you 12 Galaxies.

For one of their last hurrahs, the club is hosting its annual Parkerpalooza with: Spiral Stairs, Still Flyin', Kelly Stoltz, Hank IV, and some other 12 g's alums. See you there.

http://www.12galaxies.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For planning any special activities, make sure the space is appropriate for successful event. . There are a wide variety of party and event spaces are available in San Fransisco for having the successful event.
sf event space