Saturday, September 20, 2008

New Job

Hey kiddies: I know it’s been a long time since I’ve updated this little here blog and there’s a reason for that. This lady’s now a contributing member of society again! I am SO glad I didn’t have to move to la la land. I’m not quite ready to leave the bay area just yet. While I do have grandeur plans of getting into music supervision, doing label relations again isn’t too shabby.

My new home is at IODA – a digital distribution company based in SF (and also a major competitor of my former employer DRA). I couldn’t be more psyched about the company as a whole and my new co-workers. It’s always a good sign when you see your boss nerding out at a Built to Spill show during your first week of work.

Speaking of shows...man do I wish I was in upstate NY right now for All Tomorrow’s Party. ATP
Such an AMAZING lineup this year. I just called my buddy Nash who’s in Wooden Shjips to express my jealousy and wish him good luck. Sweet – he told me WFMU is airing the festival live all weekend. WFMU Looks like I won’t be leaving my apartment this afternoon. I wonder if Harmonia’s playing any other U.S. dates?

I guess I don’t have it all bad this weekend – as I’m getting a chance to see Spiritualized play at Treasure Island tomorrow. Can’t wait!!! It’s sort of odd that his set is during the middle of the day, but I’m sure I’ll be blown away regardless. I still haven’t gotten a chance to see the new Harmony Korine film he plays on, Mister Lonely. A commune filled with celebrity impersonators sounds like a pretty genius plotline to me.

No comments: