Friday, May 22, 2009

Pop Songs Your New Boyfriend's Too Stupid to Know About

I think this will be the first Memorial Day weekend since I was a teenager in which I won't be taking off for the mountains. Seems a little strange - I must admit. I did receive a last minute invite to join some of my lady friends for relaxing along the Yuba River, but I politely declined. That's not to say that I wouldn't love to spend 8 hours in my river rat with a beer in my hand, but I'm actually really looking forward to an abandoned San Francisco. I feel the same around Christmas time. There's something quite enjoyable about wandering through what are typically crowded streets. Also - it will give me a good chance to tackle some of the house projects I've got lined up without my usual distractions. Time to paint my hideous kitchen cabinets and do some serious weeding in my new backyard.

I will however still go out - because lord knows I will go stir crazy if I don't see my fair share of live music. I'm in luck this weekend, because turns out there's a Popfest going on. I don't normally dig on all things bubblegum or twee, but there's defintely a special place in my heart for the band Tullycraft. The super twee group, which hails from my hometown will be at the Rickshaw on Saturday night as part of SF Popfest.




SF Popfest


Rumor has it this is going to be Tullycraft's last live performance. I've heard bands say that before. While I don't believe that for a second, it has been about 10 years since I've seen the band. I received many a mix tapes in high school which were chock full of Tullycraft gems. My favorites were always "Sweet," "Superboy & Supergirl" and of course - "Pop Songs You're New Boyfriend's Too Stupid to Know About." I can't wait to TOTALLY nerd out!

Pop Songs

1 comment:

Veronica said...

we missed you at the BBQ too!