Friday, April 3, 2009

Big News

This little lady is finally bidding adieu to casa de shag (carpeting). Page street has been my home sweet home for almost five years, but a change was definitely in order. I had the talk with my AMAZING roommate Mona last night and it was pretty heart wrenching. She's seen all of my sides, been there for me through heartaches, put up with a LOT (moving in a boyfriend, weekend long benders) and never complained. She even put up with my cheesy decor and constant need to burn incense. We were the perfect fit for each other and I think in all of the years together we maybe got in two fights, of which last two seconds. Part of me thought we were going to grow old together and turn into crazy cat ladies that sat around eating frosting out of a jar.

I wasn't really looking for a new place, but the opportunity came up and I couldn't let it pass me by. I'll finally be able to have my herb garden and a real one this time. Not just a few dying plants lined up in my fire escape. I also hear that our upstairs neighbor has quite the green thumb, so I can't wait to put my gardening skilz to use.

Great things about my new roomy Shane - he owns guns, has an adorable cat and brings his own beer cozy's to bars. How can you go wrong with someone like that? I just hope he doesn't hate my taste in tunes...

No comments: